How Consumer Proposals Benefit You
Take Control of Debt with Successful Consumer Proposals
You don’t have to continue to struggle with debt! Taking advantage of the many benefits of a consumer proposal may be the answer to your debt woes. Canadians are in more debt than ever, with the average family owing more than $20,000 of non-mortgage debt.
It’s a common, understandable situation. No one knows what the future holds! Debt can creep up on us when we’re not careful or distracted. In other cases, something unexpected such as a divorce or a job loss can, in an instant, wreak financial havoc on your family. Thankfully, consumer proposals give us a way to take control of our debt.
Seven Key Benefits of Consumer Proposals
Consumer proposals offer a variety of key benefits:
- Collection actions and lawsuits from your unsecured creditors are stopped;
- Interest accumulating on your debt is frozen;
- In most cases your overall debt is reduced;
- You make a single, affordable, monthly payment;
- You have a fixed repayment term much like a consolidation loan;
- Pay debt off early without a penalty; and
- You can rebuild your credit quickly.
Even though an organization may advertise they offer consumer proposals, consumer proposals can only be filed through a Licensed Insolvency Trustee (LIT). You do not need to pay an intermediary to access a LIT.
When you meet with one of our team members, we will review and discuss your entire financial situation and make recommendations to help you get out of debt. All our solutions are tailored to your individual circumstances, which may include filing a consumer proposal and the benefits that come with it.
Get Help Now